Thursday, August 26, 2010

High Executioner Reznik

Thanks to the Jedi mind tricks of my bud, Tim Divar, I find myself delving into the geeky awesomeness that is Warmachine. While Warhammer 40k is still my favorite system, I think that Warmachine is a great way to mix things up and avoid burn out.

After looking over the various factions in the Iron Kingdoms, it was the Protectorate of Menoth that popped out to me as the most interesting. What could be cooler than fielding an army of crusading religious zealots?! I also find that their model range has a lot of really fun and characterful miniatures available.

Here's a picture of High Executioner Reznik, the Warcaster that's leading my force:


As soon as I saw his model, I knew that Reznik would be commanding my army. He's actually the first Protectorate miniature that I've painted. While the standard Menoth paint scheme consists of white and purple I chose to go a different direction. I really wanted my army to feel very imposing and "inquisitorial" so I went with black, red and gold (sorry Khador.) Overall, I'm pleased with how he turned out and now I'm looking forward to painting up some warjacks.

2 comments:

  1. He looks awesome Sam. The color scheme is really cool. I can't wait to see you finish the other models in his group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, speaking of Jedi mind tricks, I can't be totally guilty of this side venture. You did some Jedi hand waving too good sir! If memory serves me correctly, you were the one that, a year ago, told me about the Mk.II test rules.

    Then you did a doozy on me by talking about Malifaux. I was like, "no way, I don't like the models!" Then, flash forward to like three months later and I find myself staring at the Malifaux shelf anyways. "Y'know I think I'm starting to like these models......" As if I don't play enough games right?

    All this Jedi hand waving at each other is fun and all, but can we get Cundo to join us? :)

    ReplyDelete