Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Wild West Gaming

So here's something totally different from most of my gaming collection.  I've had a bunch of Wild West miniatures for a while.  One of these days I'll get around to actually putting them on the tabletop for some gaming.  Here are some pics of the two posses that I have painted:

The Outlaws

The Lawmen
The game system I want to try out is called Legends of the Old West by Warhammer Historicals.  Reading through the rules, I think it could be a lot of fun.  It seems like a skirmish level version of Warhammer 40k.  I'm glad I got this book, especially since Games Workshop has decided to cancel their historicals line. 

I love that these models are pretty much the number of miniatures that would be used in a typical game.  The only thing I plan to add to these two forces are models mounted on horses.  In the long run, I want to build an entire Old West town filled with its own incidentals like businessmen, bartenders, showgirls, old prospectors etc.  All stuff that I could also use for games of Malifaux:)

No comments:

Post a Comment